Monday, June 9, 2008

Workin' On the Waitlist

After reading a few articles on how to deal with being waitlisted, I decided to be a bit proactive and do a couple of things to hopefully keep my name fresh in their minds.

First of all, I made an appointment to tour the law school. I had hoped to do it today, but they didn't have time, so it's set up for Thursday afternoon at 2:00 p.m.

Also, I sent an email to the admissions department asking a few questions about the waitlist like how long it is, or how many people eventually get admitted, etc. I also enclosed a copy of my Final Grades because the transcript they had didn't reflect those grades yet. So my overall GPA is a bit higher than what the law school has for me.

I'm hoping that doing these things will help me get off the waitlist and accepted there. Meanwhile, I've paid half of my seat deposit at the other school where I was accepted and I will be getting a registration packet in the mail and will have to pay the remainder of my seat deposit by July 1, 2008. It sure would be nice to find out about the waitlist before I have to send in the balance of my seat deposit. I guess we'll see...

No comments: